Wednesday 28 July 2010

Do you let people label you or do you label yourself

Forever people have been telling me that Im an all or nothing person.  They tell Im either on or either off, am good or bad, am flat out or doing nothing at all, am black or white etc etc, you get the gist.

Being told that Im an all or nothing woman starts just as a thought, now if repeated often enough this thought then becomes a belief, after a while this belief then starts getting actions that support it and then this moves into instilled habits that again ingrain this initial thought deep inside my subconscious.  So I know that everyone is allowed their own opinion and this is just their perception of me but I  started to think about this and wondered if this moniker everyone freely gave me was useful and if it was actually true.


Now looking back at my past experiences I could, in passing, agree with this saying but I have decided to switch this saying on its head and I now reply to people when they suggest this to me that Im just a woman who does everything to best of my abilities, or another way to look at it, is when I put my mind to it, I do it well, so very, very well.  

Looking at it this way gives me back the control over what I do and how I do it.  It makes me feel very much in charge and also gives me full ownership of what Ive done and what I do.  This also means that I fully accept that in the past I have been a very good cocaine addict, an excellent alcoholic and a very professional bulimic.  On the flip side I excel at taking care of myself, I am proud to be the owner of the most passionate drive and determination which enabled me to compete in the UKBFF British Bodybuilding finals (figure category) last year and I surprise myself continuously with my laser sharp focus which is slowly enabling me to build my Goddess Star Monroe empire.

So its all about how you see yourself, how you frame who you are.  Do you let people label you or do you label yourself? 

x



No comments:

Post a Comment