Wednesday 21 July 2010

I love my mummy

I think Im entering a confessional period of life right now, as I feel the need to speak about subjects that I never really talk about and one of those is my darling mummy.

I have had a love hate relationship with my mum for years, she annoys the hell out of me, always butting her nose into my business, telling me what to do, how to do, where to go to this etc etc etc.   I have never been close to my mum, always keeping her at arms length so she does get a chance to interfere.  She is opinionated, cutting and very judgemental.  But I do love her, she is my mum and she bought me up the best way she knew how.  I the eldest of 4 children and I paved the way for the rest of my siblings, I was the naughty one, the black sheep, the bad girl.

Over the years my mum has yelled at me, smacked my hands with a wooden spoon, banished me to my bedroom, had me quaking in my shoes by just her look, she has dragged me out of nightclubs by my hair, she has interrogated me in front of my friends, she has shouted at me in public, she has laid the guilt trips on me and she has sided with my boyfriends rather than me.

She has also been there to cuddle me, to hold me, to tell me that everything is ok, that I can do anything I want, that she loves me, she believes me, that Im strong, Im an amazing woman, I have seen that look of admiration in her eyes, I hear the strong words of encouragement she drilled into me when I was young, she has high values, morals and ethics that she believes in and she has dedicated her life to bringing up myself and my siblings.

My mum is quite a woman.  She is strong, she is capable, she is clever and she cares.  She has my utmost respect and I hold her in very high regard and I love her very very much x

2 comments:

  1. So nice that you see the whole picture. Do you have kids? It's challenging to do your best. I was always told that being your child's best friend is a mistake. Kids have lots of "friends" they need a mother.

    I was not lucky enough to have a mom that could be there for me. She had some health issues. I had to figure it all out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn - I have a beautiful 10 year old boy - George - wiser than me XXX Bless him and bless you for your comment xx

    ReplyDelete