Thursday 20 May 2010

Happiness

Are you happy or are you waiting to be happy?  You know the dilemma.... Ill be happy when Ive lost X amount of pounds, Ill be happy when my tummy is flatter, Ill be happy when I have the perfect partner.

So many women put off their happiness for another time, another place far off in the future when all we have is the present.  This moment right now is all we ever have and I for one choose to live in the present and give all my energies to this very moment, I will never have that future moment as when that future moment comes it will be the present.  Ah!! have I confused you... read on beautiful creatures...

A real woman knows that life is all about choices and to be more explicit her choices.  Whatever and however she is at this very moment she has created that through her  own choices.   When we acknowledge this simple fact our personal power increases amazingly, this is learning acceptance, true acceptance of who and what we really are and then and only then we can take full responsibility for who and what we really are.

In my experience with working with women when they reach their "target" weight, or they have run a marathon or expanded their business their happiness doesn't become greater when they reach their goal, their happiness increases because they are working towards a goal - knowing that they are doing their best they can every single day.

This then leads me on to one of my favorite mantras...  "I am doing the best I can do at this very moment with the resources that I have".

So, here's the question.... Are you doing the best you can with your life and your body right now this very present moment?  When you absorb yourself into this mantra you cannot help but feel happier knowing that you are doing your utmost to take great care of yourself.   This is a process beautiful creatures, you need you to be gentle on yourselves, be kind, be caring - a new concept maybe some and this may feel strange at first but go with it for it will take you far.

So coming back to are you happy?   My practical philosophy for today is.. When you are doing the best you can do at any given moment with the resources that are available to you, you can learn to stop being so harsh to yourself and realize that you are doing a great job with your life and hey maybe, just maybe you can be happy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment