Monday 24 May 2010

The Magic 3

If you asked me a few years back what my purpose and passions were I would have replied "shopping, a holiday in Vegas once a year and partying hard every weekend" and to be honest I thought these were pretty good passions and hey a purpose to shop - what more could a girl want?!

To be honest I was so wrapped up in my life I had no idea I could do anything else.  But then I discovered goal setting and a good friend and I started to sit down once a month and set out goals that we would like to achieve throughout the coming months.  I called it the "Magic 3" and I set 3 goals that I could do every single day.  When I started this process my first goals were
1. to get up
2. walk the dog for 15 mins
3. have one nutritious juice per day
and to be honest for the first 2 - 3 months this was enough for me, I was in an interesting place back then and if I achieved these then that day was a good day.

Now you know about momentum and once you start something it gets bigger and bigger, well this is what happened to me.  Every month I set more goals and I achieved more, I started to feel better in myself and more confident in my abilities.  At then end of each month I always reviewed my goals and celebrated what I achieved.

Goals are great and they get you to focus on your life.   But when you discover your passions, wow then the magic happens!! Intwining your goals with your passions does certainly lead to a spectacular life.  When you are browsing on Amazon pick up this great book.... The Passion Test .

From monthly goals to yearly goals - I enjoy setting them all and I have found that my focus and clarity has become clearer and clearer.  It hasnt all been plan sailing, it is hard work and you need to commit.  But these are your goals and your passions so make them fun and interesting.  Im very visual and enjoy spending time once a month decorating my monthly goal board - I add my visions onto my boards and surround them with my passions.

So fast forward to today....  I rise with the sun, I enjoy walking and the gym every morning, I practice gratitude daily, I love with all my heart, I eat nutritious foods every day and I am excited to live my passions, I adore my work and I am writing my first book.   I live to be inspired and I live to inspire others.  I have found my greater purpose in life and I am committed to living it full out each and every single day.

So why not try the "Magic 3" you never know where it may lead you..............

No comments:

Post a Comment