Sunday 6 June 2010

Change is good for our souls.

How often do you change?  You know things like your hair, you clothes, the route you take to work, your choice of drink....

As our life fast forwards around us we tend to get stuck in our own worlds and our own patterns.  Sometimes not even noticing that we have done the same thing for ages and ages.  Doing the same thing over and over makes us stale and unyielding to the beautiful flow of life that is happening all around us all the time.

I too can get stuck in my patterns and then suddenly wonder why I'm feel tired, have no energy and generally feeling restricted.  I'm not a fan of old sayings and proverbs unless they have a positive spin to them but "a change is as good as a rest" is a great one and little changes to our day can make a tremendous difference, they can wake us up, enliven us and give us a spark to bigger changes along our way.

Just last night I decided to take the door of its hinges that leads into my Pilates Studio.  Such a simple act, a little crazy perhaps but it has made all the difference to my rooms upstairs, the light flows in beautifully and it makes me smile!! So change is good, its good for our souls.   So can I tempt you into a little change today, see what you can do and see how it makes you feel xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment